Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I am not sure what to think if this....

I rolled over in bed this morning, and grabed the remote to the TV. I love my alarm clock! For the last 30 minutes, I had been listening to my alarm clock....it is an iHome2go. It was playing my favorite playlist on my iPod at the moment... the Gory Revealed cd. Go to my post about the tour here. I can't stop listening to this cd (a great video at the bottom of this page), great songs, but even better lyrics. I love that the songs get back to the Word, they are pulled straight out of the text of the Bible. They attempted to write songs from other books, not just out of the Pslams.

I turned on the TV to watch the news and I was distracted immediatly by the program that was on the Versus Channel (I fell asleep watching NHL playoffs). There were 2 people sitting in front of the camera, asking that I call their 1-800 number and receive my FREE, Now LARGER, Miracle Spring Water. They were sharing testimonies of people who had been healed, received money, got a new car, and many other things after drinking this Miracle Spring Water. I stared in amazement as the coverage moved to a service where the gentleman that was just talking about this free water was healing a woman who has MS. She started dancing!

I do not mean to sound skeptical, I have witnessed healing before in my life. That is a whole other story that I will not blog about, but will tell you the story if you ask me too. I was tempted to call the number, just to get my very own packet of miracle spring water. What made this spring water different from the water coming out of my tap at home? Did they pray over the water? Do they have a special spring that runs directly from heaven? Did they find the foutain of youth (Only the penitent man shall pass.....penitent....penitent...a penitent man kneels before the Lord)? I found it hard to understand.

I looked back and noticed that Jesus used water all of the time. He used water to sustain His life. He drank IT! He walked up to John the Baptist and asked to be baptised in IT! The wedding party was going so good that they ran out of wine....so He turned IT into the best wine...and saved IT for last! He and the diciples were out in the boat, Jesus was knapping, and a storm blew in and everything was crazy. The guys were scared, so they woke Jesus up and He calmed the storm and seized control of IT! The fisherman were all out in the boat, struggling in the water and Jesus walked acrossed IT! (This is a stretch...) Jesus spit IT into the eyes of a blind man and he could see!

There were lots of miracles associated with the water. Maybe there are still lots of miracles being performed with water. I think that there are still lots of miracles that are happening in this world. I think Jesus performs them everyday, still today. I am not sure that it has anything to do with the water.... Luke 8:46-48 NIV

46But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."

47Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. 48Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."

Faith is IT!

2 comments:

anna said...

i wish i wasn't so obsessed with Glory Revealed. The words..the fact that they're raw from Isaiah, it gets me!!
thanks for introducing me to it, even though you left me out of the concert =)

Roogles said...

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (again). You must have watched this one recently.

Great Post dude. Sounds like the making of a Youth service revolving around water.