Friday, June 22, 2007

did any one watch...

It is funny that I posted the AFI video the other day, because there was an AFI special on last night. It was the 10 year Anniversary of the very first !00 Years, !00 Movies. The had a vote to see what the top 100 Greatest Movies of all time were as compared to what they ranked 10 years ago. it was a night of great movie clips from great classic movies... My favorite movie was #25...To Kill a Mockingbird. Laurence Fishbourne added comments about one of my favorite scene in the the movie. He said, "The only thing they could do in the courtroom was stand. To show their appreciation for Atticus, it gets me every time." That is close to his quote. I love the scene for the very same reason.

Citizen Cane was ranked number one yet again.

Here is a link to the list of movies in the order from the show.

http://afi.aol.com/cgi-bin/afi-top10/top100.cgi



What are your 10 favorite movies from the list? i have always had a Marty's top 20 list...but it woudl be interesting to see how people rank only the movies from the top 100 list.

Did any one watch this show? I hope you catch on the replay or Tivo. Totally worth sitting down and watching. I enjoy the actors comments as much as I do seeing the clips.

Here are my Top 10 movies from the AFI 100 Years, 100 Movies...

1. To Kill a Mockingbird
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. It's a Wonderful Life
4. Lord of the Rings:The Fellowship fo the Ring
5. Vertigo
6. Star Wars
7. American Graffiti
8. Rocky
9. The Shawshank Redemption
10.The Sound of Music

Wow, that was hard to narrow down and put into some sort of order...

4 comments:

chelsea said...

I'll play. My top 3 from this "top 10" list are heads above the others, though.
1. Casablanca
2. The Godfather
3. The Godfather II

(I left a space for emphasis, because I love those movies so much!)
4. Tootsie
5. Forrest Gump
6. To Kill A Mockingbird
7. The Wizard of Oz
8. Jaws
9. A Streetcar Named Desire
10. American Graffiti

daisyrockgirl said...

i enjoyed watching that with you daddy

theviolinist said...

these are in no particular order...just my top 10

1. Schindler's List
2. The Godfather/1 & 2
3. Casablanca
4. Sound of Music
5. Wizard of Oz
6. It's a Wonderful Life
7. The Graduate
8. West Side Story
9. Platoon
10. Shawshank Redemption

Tersie said...

I can't put them in any order, other than maybe putting Jimmy Stewart's at the top, but I won't do that. And I couldn't narrow it down to 10. I had to have 11.

Vertigo
It's a Wonderful Life
Some Like it Hot
Rear Window
Lord of the Rings
Unforgiven
A Clockwork Orange
Shawshank Redemption
12 Angry Men
Sixth Sense
Toy Story