Friday, June 29, 2007

this has been a tough week...

I have to admit. Mentally and physically this has been one of the toughest weeks I have had in a long time. I have been away from my family all week. They have been at VBS and I have been teaching/worship at a Church Camp all week. I have loved meeting these awesome new kids, but it has been much harder than ever to be away from Jen, Maddie and Caroline. I have also found out that I doubled booked 2 gigs on Saturday and don't really have a band to play with for either gig. Honestly, I am tired. I want to quit.

My life is changing. I am not sure how good or bad this is at this point in time. I pray that God knows the why and maybe He will let me in on a little bit of it.

Here is the bright spot in all of this... My daughter got saved, my brother and his wife were baptized and the kids at the camp really responded to worship last night for the first time all week. It was amazing. God gave me a glimpse. I am teaching out of 1 Peter....and last night from 1Peter 4:12-13.. " Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed." Is this a coincidence? I think not. My best friend Eli said that my message was fantastic last night, i have my doubts, but if it were really a good message...it is because I am living that verse right now. I am personally struggling with trials. I am not sure I can be anymore real to these kids than that! But as I told them last night.... James 1:2, baby...James 1:2

3 comments:

Jon Mark Hall said...

Dude, you are not alone! We are all struggling right now. We all have our 'little red guy' pulling us in every direction possible away from God. I think I remember you saying one time, "stop, drop and pray". He will see you through!
Go get your ipod out and listen to 'Deliver Me' :-) Love ya Bro!

lauren. said...

i'm happy i got to see you last night for the first time in forever.

and i'm pumped about the concert on thurs.!!

T5Guy said...

even my iPod crashed this week.....lol