Monday, August 6, 2007

i finished Harry Potter the other day...

So, I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I must say it was a great story. i will not tell you anything about the story, in case you have not read it yet. I would hate to spoil the ending ;).

I spent a week ignoring anything and everything Harry Potter until I could get the book and start reading... I did not want to know the ending before reading it for myself. I accomplished that task! Here are a few things that I liked....

1. Our little Harry Potter discussion group at work was dead on...we had the booked nailed! Our theories were good, even though Eli did not like it. Sorry Eli!

2. I loved how Rowling portrayed Neville Longbottom! His story of redemption is classic!

3. The life in the the tent....was boring, but took us through some things we needed to know.

4. I enjoyed watching Harry mature in this book. He had always skidded by on a little luck, great friends and being brave enough to take risks. In this book, he had to be brave because he understood the prophesy, but he really had to piece the history together in his head to outsmart the enemy. It was obvious that He had become the man Dumbledore had hoped he would be while living out in the tent.

5. Snape...You love to hate him. What a great character. Rowling kept me so back and forth on my opinion of Severus Snape that I just did not know where he would land. Fantastic!

What a great series of books. Regardless of whether you like them or not, they are well written stories that have inspired a video gaming generation to pick up great literature and jump into using their imaginations.

No comments: