Monday, April 21, 2008

a few weeks ago...

A few weeks ago a large group of us went to see Third Day over in Cederville. It was the last night of the tour and they sounded great! It was a great evening with great friends. I really enjoyed the new songs from Mac, Mark and the guys. I had the opportunity to open up a Sanctus Real concert a few years ago, so I knew the Sanctus guys would rock the place. "I'm not alright" and the very worshipful "We need each other" were my favorites.

The Band I was most impressed with was Decemberadio. They are a throwback band to the 80's with a fresh twist. They broke into "Wayward Son" which was awesome! They played a song called, "Drifter" which has had some radio play locally for the past few weeks. Great tune! Check it out...I could totally see Bon Jovi doing this tune.

2 comments:

julie p said...

love, love, love that! i wish i could disguise my voice to sing male harmonies....something about those 3 voices in harmony really gets me!

Mackle said...

Hey dude!

Oh, man... you were so right! Having grown up with a healthy dose of Twisted Sister, Poison, AC/DC, Cinderella, GnR, etc I decided on your recommendation to download their latest offering on iTunes.

Good move! I'm loving it! In fact, the second track, "Dangerous", the first song in months that made me grin like a loon and pump my fist in the air while walking the dog (which is the ultimate test).

Still haven't gotten through the whole thing, but loving every second of the discovery process!

Thanks Marty!!