Friday, February 9, 2007

I could not believe it....

So after dinner tonight we went to Sam's Club. I am addicted to Dentyne Fire Soft Chew gum, I can buy it by the 12 pack at Sam's. I hate going to Sam's Club because of the adventure factor...you never know what you are going to find and BUY! I go in looking to buy paper towels, toilet paper and some chewing gum in bulk. Once in the door I start looking at golf clubs, tramploines, treadmills, air compressors, and 20 lbs jars of twizzlers. This store is so dangerous. So while Jennifer and Caroline was off looking around, I found myself walking thorugh the electronics section of the store trying to decide between the GPS Navagation Unit for my Jeep (so i won't get lost while out off-roading :) or the 30 GB Video iPod. As I walked around to ponder my decision, I was browsing the DVD's. While browsing I happen upon... I could not believe it... the 1st Season of Boomtown! Eighteen episodes of maybe the greatest TV show I have ever watched. So no GPS Navagation Unit or 30GB iPod...I walked out of Sam's Club with a $15 DVD of 810 minutes of fantastic television. Jennifer and I could not miss this show. We loved it. I wish we had a show like Boomtown that we could watch together again.

Unfortunatley, the critics loved this show, which means that no one watched it. NBC yanked it six episodes into the 2nd season. It was a diffent kind of drama, I miss that sort of creative storytelling. I watched the first 3 episodes. I am now tired.

2 comments:

jodi said...

Sam's is SUCH a dangerous place to shop!! How ironic...Leo ALWAYS gets the 20 pound jar of Twizzlers, which is, of course, his favorite candy. You two must've been separated at birth!!

I want a bicycle...does Sam's have bikes???

Never heard of Boomtown.

T5Guy said...

I did not see bicycles...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319960/

More information on Boomtown. Amazing show!