Tuesday, February 20, 2007

it is in the details...in the small things...

Let me first say...I miss my family. Jen is so awesome. She allows me to go on this weekend called Chrysalis. It is a 3 day spiritual retreat for High School kids that can be for some a life changing experience. It is three days away from Jen and the girls, but it is such a worth while experience. This weekend was just bad timing. I had a trip last week. I landed at 10 PM on Thursday and left for the weekend on Friday. Jen I am sorry. I missed you. I had a wonderful week.

The weekend was awesome. God is so good. We had 24 kids show up! They were amazing! I was able to really watch how God orchestrated the entire weekend. We had perfect talks. They were so timely. I think they really had a real impact on each kid in a different way. As the weekend progressed, these young men became closer and more open to what the weekend had in store for them. They truly became Brothers.

I know that these weekends are a safe haven for spiritual growth, they lend themselves to transforming teens lives right in front of our eyes. I find that it becomes a sprirtual renewal weekend for myself. There is so much focus on these young men, showing them God's love in the details, in the small things that I find having my heart focused on serving them that I get this amazing payoff. A closer relationship with Christ. Although my prayers, worship and silence are all focused on these young men, I still find joy for myself. I still find that I grow and learn on these weekends. I am always amazed by the God moments on a weekend. Those times when the presence of God is so evident, so intense, so loving. I long for those moments of intimacy with God. I pray that I can find them more and more as I grow in Christ. My worship is Christ centered. My walk, though rocky at times, is striving to be near to Him. I am learning everyday to look for God in the little things...in the details. It is in those small moments that I find true intimacy with God. It is a little easier to find God on a Chrysalis weekend, He is so in your face it is difficult to miss Him. Everywere you look you see God's love in everything from great food, awesome agape letters and clean restrooms. I challenge the young men from Flight #20 to not only see our Big God in the obvious big moments, but to search for Him in the little things...find Him in the details of life and then we will be in true worship of our King...

No comments: